Adultery and Death

by | |
Proverbs 2:16-19
16 So you will be delivered from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words,
17 who forsakes the companion of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God;
18 for her house sinks down to death, and her paths to the departed;
19 none who go to her come back, nor do they regain the paths of life.

Unashamedly admit I had the opportunity to see the movie It's Complicated with my wife recently. For a romantic comedy about people in their late 50's I was impressed. One of my favorite parts of the movie was how real and painful they showed divorce to be. It impacts husbands, wives, and children for life. In these verses we are warned against the temptation of adultery. The companion of our youth, our spouse, is who we have made a commitment to. Although adultery is not on my radar much, when I am confronted with it's reality, and it's finality, it's scary. Thank God for watching out for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment