Generational Education

by | |
Proverbs 4:1-4:
1 Hear, O sons, a father’s instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight,
2 for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching.
3 When I was a son with my father, tender, the only one in the sight of my mother,
4 he taught me and said to me, "Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live.

Earlier, both here and here, wisdom's source has been directly from God, the Bible. However, in everyday life scripture is rarely our source for guidance. This does not mean practical insight and Godly wisdom are divided. Here the two come together in what we call family. From father to son, teaching is passed down through the generations. We listen and we learn from wise parents for the same reason we should from God, because they have the knowledge and our best interests in mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment