God Has a Posse

by | |
Proverbs 15:8-9:
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but the prayer of the upright is acceptable to him.
9 The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but he loves him who pursues righteousness.

This idea is startling. The sacrifice of those without God is not desirable. Here's the more famous version:
1 Corinthians 13: 1-313
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

Challenging words for secular kindness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment