Biblical Role of Parents

by | |
Proverbs 1:8-9
8 Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching,
9 for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.

Yesterday I talked about general submission to things outside yourself. As challenging as that was, today takes it a step farther. Submission to the Bible is easy, especially when personal interpretation blocks what is hard for us to hear. The message in verse 8 & 9 is all too clear, your parents are meant to rule over you. However, I'm married, so this relationship is surely different than it was when I was 16 (Genesis 2:24). Even though I realized long ago that they were hugely flawed, I should still show them the respect their God ordained position deserves. Happily, a consequence of this honor, is that it will be visible in our own life, like a "garland" or "pendant".

0 comments:

Post a Comment