Offered to All, Accepted by Few

by | |
Proverbs 1:22-25
22 "How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge?
23 If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you.
24 Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,
25 because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof,

There is a clear choice that must be made, simplicity or knowledge. Luckily wisdom calls out for us, and if we except will receive what she has to offer. However, our general response is to disregard the wisdom offered us. Rarely is the situation as clear as it is described here, a women preaching wisdom in the streets. Often I miss out on real knowledge, because I am seeking facts. The difference is that facts give us information, knowledge changes our actions.

2 comments:

Justin Scott

One of my favorite quotes ever:

"Man is so avid for knowledge that everything he touches turns to facts; his faith becomes theology, his love becomes lechery, his wisdom becomes science. Pursuing meaning, he ignores truth." Malcolm Muggeridge

Harrison Brookie

Golden quote, especially for a recovering Presbyterian.

Post a Comment