The Gospel of Real Wealth

by | |
Proverbs 8:18-21:
18 Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, even fine gold, and my yield than choice silver.
20 I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of justice,
21 granting an inheritance to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.

There has already references to wisdom's practical benefits, for example a long life. Here wealth is also shown to correlate with wisdom. It may seem odd to suggest following God could lead to financial success, especially with verses asking followers of Jesus to sell all our possessions and give the money to the poor. However, it does make sense when we remember earlier in Proverbs where wisdom in loaning and paying back were offered. Let me also clearly say the two, wisdom and wealth are NOT always correlated. But the good news is that wisdom itself is a gift, one worth more than gold or silver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment