Truth from the Rooftops

by | |
Proverbs 8:1-6:
1 Does not wisdom call? Does not understanding raise her voice?
2 On the heights beside the way, at the crossroads she takes her stand;
3 beside the gates in front of the town, at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
4 "To you, O men, I call, and my cry is to the children of man.
5 O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense.
6 Hear, for I will speak noble things, and from my lips will come what is right,

It is good to see wisdom and understanding shouting from the front door. I've been in and out of town for the last month and haven't gotten around to reading and reflecting. Spending time in conferences learning wisdom from the world has shown me that it's full of foolishness and wisdom. God's truth is infused in even the most secular of  good lessons. Foolishness can be found in many places too, but here we see truthfulness in the center of the town square. Prudence, or reasoned discipline, seems to be one of the highest virtues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment